Thursday 20 June 2024

Revisiting Astrotheme

I decided to revisit the online astrology site Astrotheme. It had been a while since my last visit. I discovered that there were only two charts stored there: my own and Sabina's. Since I lost a lot of stored charts in a computer crash, I took to storing astrological data on Airtable, along with screenshots of the charts. It's better than nothing but not terribly useful without an the accompanying astrology hardware.

I'm allowed to store 200 charts on Astrotheme which is far more than I'll ever need so I thought it would make sense to store all my astrological data there where it's not likely to be lost and where it can be instantly made use of. It's just somewhat tedious to enter all the data but it's a project worth completing and should prove very useful in the longterm. 

Figure 1 shows the display for today's transits to my natal chart.


Figure 1: transits to my chart for June 20th 2024

The exact degrees and minutes of the positions of the planets can be displayed by hovering over the glypth. Using the zoom feature makes these coordinates visible as I later discovered. Having the charts of family and friends online and readily accessible might encourage me to post more often to this blog. I have only made four posts this year, including this current one.

So what's coming up for me in the near future? Well, on July 16th transiting Mars and Uranus will be conjunct in 26°20' of Taurus, about three degrees from my natal Moon. This may exacerbate my already delicate physical condition. Figure 2 shows the configuration.


Figure 2: transits to my chart for July 16th 2024

Another possibly significant event involves Chiron. It is currently moving forward through Aries but it will station and turn retrograde in 23°32', very close to my Ascendant in 24°29'. With an orbital period of over 50 years, this is the second time that Chiron has approached my Ascendant. The station occurs around July 26th of 2024. Given that this astrological body is often described as the wounded healer, this might be time where I undertake some much needed self healing or where I receive some healing from an outside party. 

No astrological software quite compares to Astrolog and I do have it still running on my old Macbook Pro that I have connected to the TV. It will not run on my Macbook Air M1 and I am still trying to get it run on my Raspberry Pi 400. However, it's important that I persevere with adding all relevant charts to Astrotheme where they are accessible from any device with an Internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tough Time To Travel

On September 9th 2024, I'm booked on a Virgin flight from Brisbane to Melbourne. The flight leaves about 6pm. I was looking at the trans...