Tuesday 11 April 2023

Jupiter Crosses My Ascendant

For the seventh time in my life, transiting Jupiter is about to cross my Ascendant. It's useful to look back at other times when the planet has crossed. If I look back to June 1st of 1999, I can see that Jupiter crossed my Ascendant at a time when I had decided to leave the Australian International School. At some point later in the year, I flew to Hong Kong for a job interview and was looking at other prospects.

Jupiter moved forward into my first house and stationed in late August of 1999 in 5° of Taurus. Turning retrograde, it stationed again on December 21st, exactly on my Ascendant. This corresponded to my departure from Singapore and my arrival in Jakarta, a pivotal change in the course of my life. The station on my Ascendant was the reason for the potency of this Jupiter contact with my Ascendant. Often Jupiter can whiz by the Ascendant once and not cross again until the next cycle.

This was the case for Jupiter's next crossing in May of 2011 where, as far as I can recollect, nothing major happened. The same will be the case this coming time when it crosses on April 21st 2023. It seems that I may well be spending a week in Kalimantan starting from the 19th of April, so that is in keeping with the nature of the aspect. See Figure 1 for the details.


Figure 1

ADDENDUM: April 22nd 2023

I am indeed in Kalimantan, having arrived in Banjarmasin yesterday and departing a week from today on Saturday, April 29th 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mars-Venus Conjunction 2024

Figure 1: conjunction of Mars and Venus in Aquarius on February 22nd 2024 The conjunction of Mars and Venus took place about 5pm on February...